The main purpose of the creation of the robot, an innovative pedagogical “tool”, is accompanied by the aim of
- filling some gaps detected in the four schools, such as lack of motivation, learning disabilities in nuclear subjects, early school drop-out, lack of innovative teaching practices, difficulties in dealing with some social problems ( integration, racism, bullying and violence), difficulties in the transition to active life
-promoting the acquisition of skills and competences in subjects such as mathematics, science and languages, supporting students from disadvantaged backgrounds, the integration of migrant communities (refugees), social inclusion, ensuring diversity, equality and gender equity
- supporting teachers and educators in adopting innovative practices, strengthening their leadership in teaching
- developing management and internationalization skills, research and innovative pedagogical practices, together with creative transversal competences , a spirit of initiative, innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship;
- finding motivation to study further, with better results, with the possibility of continuity of studies for higher education; enhancing the spirit of European and intercultural citizenship and values
- knowing new cultures, history and heritage
- creating new curricula and transversal and technical skills providing an an example for other organizations
-sharing good practices, indeed each educational institution will share its know-how, its own skills, contributing to the development of others through a transnational cooperation.
The Italian School will have the role of 3D drawing the robot in AutoCad, the Portuguese School will have the main responsibility to programme the Robot using Arduino, responsible for the robot’s interactivity; the Spanish School will be responsible for programming and assembling the robot, the Greek School will be responsible for preparing the questionnaire of the different subjects, as well as the database. The information to be included in the robot is unlimited and of all areas of knowledge. However, we will give importance to questions of the subjects where students have more difficulties (Mathematics, Sciences, Technical subjects and Languages);
The group of participants is constituted by secondary school students; the members of the direction of each school, the teachers and other non-teaching members of the school staff are also part of this group.
There will be 4 mobilities involving about 72 students and 24 teachers/non-teaching members of the staff.
Escola Profissional Cidenai- Santo Tirso (Portugal)
Centro de Estudios Almi - Bilbao (Spain)
Secondary School Eleousa - Ioannina (Greece)